Walter P. Chrysler Museum Launches New Web Site
The nonprofit Walter P. Chrysler Museum, in Auburn Hills, Mich., has launched a bold, new Web site at http://www.wpchryslermuseum.org/. The site features significantly improved navigation, beginning with home page tabs and links from which all Museum programs, exhibitions and events, as well as Chrysler’s rich heritage, are directly accessible.
Within a few easy clicks, cyber-visitors can make tax-deductible donations, become members and volunteers, arrange corporate and private meetings and events, schedule school and group tours and purchase gift shop collectibles. The site also offers quick access to Museum contacts; hours, admission, location and other operational details and a two-for-one discount admission coupon.
The new site also features:
- An online community through which users can:
- establish a password-protected home page to share interests and contact preferences to receive future e-newsletters from the Museum;
- access personal giving history; and
- participate in exclusive polls and surveys.
- Museum members can additionally send eCards to family and friends via the online community.
- Much easier access and online transaction capabilities for programs that support the nonprofit Museum’s collections and operations, including:
- Easier to navigate overviews of the Museum’s K – 12 education and K – 8 Summer Fun Day programs.
- Enhanced imagery throughout the site, including a home page slide show directly linking to facility rental, group tour, membership and other content.
- User-friendly access to Chrysler history highlights searchable by both decade and brand.
- Easier access to Chrysler Historical Services through which enthusiasts can request owner and service manuals, photographs, production numbers and build records for heritage vehicles.
The site also highlights:
- local and national car clubs;
- pre-packaged group tour itineraries;
- complementary attractions near the Museum, including several offering discounts to individuals and families;
- a direct link to the Museum’s Facebook fan page; and
- a news release archive.
The Walter P. Chrysler Museum is open for self-guided tours 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tues. - Sat. and noon - 5 p.m. Sun. The Museum is closed every Monday, Easter Sunday, July 4, Thanksgiving and Dec. 24, 25 and 31.
Admission is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors (62 and older) and $4 for six - 12 year olds. Members and children five and under are admitted free. A discount rate of $4 per person is available for groups of 15 or larger.
Museum admission includes access to Kids' Corner, an area for pre-school - elementary school-age children stocked with automotive-inspired puzzles, games, projects, books and coloring activities.
The Museum is located on the Chrysler Group LLC complex in Auburn Hills, at exit 78 (Chrysler Dr.) off I-75.
The Walter P. Chrysler Museum is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity and donations are tax-deductible.
Back to top